CURRIED egg & lettuce sandwiches
4 x Eggs (hard boiled and peeled)
1½ x Tablespoon curry powder (or to taste)
8 x Slices of bread
4 x Lettuce leaves
Mayonaise (to taste)
(1) Bring water to the boil. Place eggs in the boiling water (I use a soup ladle as I always burn myself). Put the timer on for 7 minutes).
(2) While you're waiting for the eggs to cook, take 3 - 4 lettuce leaves and rinse them under cold water. Roll each leaf up firmly and start slicing through the rolled leaf to make lovely thinly sliced lettuce and set aside.
(3) Take the eggs out once the timer is done using your soup ladle and put them in a large bowl. Run some cold water over them and allow them to sit and cool.
(4) Once they've cooled completely, peel the eggs, add the curry powder and mash together with a fork.
(5) Add a little mayonnaise, have a taste and keep adding small amounts until your happy with the taste and consistency.
(6) Put some of the curried egg mixture on 4 slices of bread and then the shredded lettuce on top of that. Put the sandwich tops on and you're all set for a delicious family treat.